This dish looks pretty impressive and sophisticated, but is a doddle to make, especially if you use shop-bought pastry. The recipe uses a spinach, watercress and rocket sauce to add more interest, flavour and colour to the salmon.
- Cream cheese (such as Philadelphia)
- A bag of watercress, spinach and rocket (approx. 120g)
- Short-cut pastry (500g)
- Simply blend the cream cheese and greens in a food processor and season with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice
- Roll out the pastry
- Place the salmon fillets in the middle. Make sure the skin is removed. Cut the fillets in half if they are quite thick to ensure the salmon cooks through.
- Spoon half of the sauce over the salmon
- Fold the pastry over the salmon. The edges should meet in the middle. Press the pastry together at the sides.
- Cut slits on top to let the steam escape. You can make some decorative leaves to disguise the join if you want.
3. Cook for 30 minutes at 180 (fan)
4. Serve with lemon wedges and the remaining sauce. The below photo is the salmon served with spinach and potato rosti.