This is an exciting and slightly more unusual way of cooking potatoes. The rosti is a traditional Swiss recipe and definitely reminds me of the Alps. Apart from the need to flip the rosti half way through cooking (which takes some skill!), it is pretty easy to make. There is basically only one ingredient…
- Basic seasoning: salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic
1. Grate the potatoes. Then squeeze to remove excess water – this makes the potatoes crispier
- Tip the grated potato into a large frying pan coated in olive oil
- Add the salt, pepper and garlic
- Fry the potatoes normally for 5 minutes
- Then gently press them down into a cake shape
- Once cooked on one side place a large plate on top of the frying pan, then flip the whole thing over.
- Once the rosti is on the plate, slide it back into the pan so the other side can cook.
- Cook until golden and crispy. This should take around 20-25 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve