Papaya goes really well with Asian flavours. It's slightly sweet and just seems to absorb juices and flavours so well. This is fast becoming one of my favourite dishes!
- Spring or red onion
- Coriander or mint
- Lime juice
- Garlic and ginger
- Sesame seed oil
- Slice papaya into thin strips.
- Chop the tomato, cucumber, onions and herbs
- Season with lime juice, chili, oil, vinegar, garlic, ginger and salt
- Sprinkle with roasted crushed cashews
- Serve. Goes especially well with Asian dishes, like teriyaki salmon or noodles
Here are a couple of good guides to making a papaya salad:
http://thaifood.about.com/od/thaisnacks/r/PapayaSalad.htm and http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/tv-show-recipes/gordons-great-escape-recipes/spicy-thai-green-papaya-salad-recipe.