This extremely easy recipe makes 2 cups of delicious oat milk. Only TWO ingredients needed: Oats (1 cup) + Water (2 cups)
- Blend up with oats and water
- Pour the mix through a sieve. Use a spoon to force the milk through.
- Then pass it through a fine cloth or nut bag to remove more of the fibre residue. (I didn’t do this at first and it somehow caused sticky mucus to build up in my throat!). Straining it makes it smoother, creamier, less grainy and more like real milk.
- You’ll be left the the oat pulp. Don’t throw it! See here for oat pulp recipes: http://www.veganlovlie.com/2014/11/waste-not-recipe-with-oat-pulp.html
- Add a little water to top up to 2 cups
- Extras: add a little honey and some cinnamon for more flavour. You could also add fruit like strawberries or bananas.
- Optional: soak oats for 20 minutes beforehand. Rinse and drain to remove oat “slime”!