A veggie Indian-style dish which goes great with curries. It's half way between a chana masala and saag bhaji apparently!
- Onion (1)
- Ginger and garlic
- Spices: cumin, turmeric, coriander
- Tomato puree (2 tbsp)
- Chickpeas (one can)
- Vegetable stock (250ml)
- Coconut - fresh, desiccated or coconut milk/cream
- Greek yogurt (4 tbsp)
- Fry onion in butter for 5 minutes. Add ginger, garlic and spices and then tomato puree.
- Add the kale, chickpeas, veg stock and two-thirds of the coconut. Stir and leave to simmer for 10 minutes
- Add the rest of the coconut
- Add the yogurt. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat before yogurt boils.
I served this with spiced Indian potato wraps - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1167638/spiced-indian-potato-wraps