Here is my recipe for guacamole, a delicious Mexican dip. The main ingredient is avocado, making this very healthy. Important: make sure you use ripe avocados (which I failed to do on my first attempt!)
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Red onion
- 1 Tomato
- Coriander – a few leaves
- The juice of half a lime (lemon works as well)
- Salt + Pepper
- Cut the avocado in half (be careful cutting around the seed). Scoop out the flesh and mash it with a fork.
- If you want the guacamole to be on the chunky side, don’t mash it too much.
2. Prepare the other vegetables
- Roughly chop the onion, tomato and coriander and blitz in a food processor.
- Add to the mashed avocado.
- Add the lime juice, chilli, salt and pepper.
- Mix the whole thing well and then leave to chill in the fridge before serving.