- You choice of fish (salmon, haddock, white fish, even tinned tuna)
- Spring onions
- Spinach (cooked, drained and with water squeezed out)
- Parsley or coriander
- Lemon or lime (unwaxed)
- Egg (1) - may need 2
- Flour (1 tbsp only)
- Potatoes (mashed)
- Garlic, ginger and chili (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- For breadcrumb coating (optional): breadcrumbs + 2 eggs
- Peel and boil the potatoes
- Chop up the onions
- Add the spinach and peas
- Flake up and add the fish
- Add lemon or lime zest
- Add parsley
- Beat the egg and add
- Add the flour
- Mash the cooked potatoes and add
- Add garlic, ginger and chili
- Add salt and pepper
- Mix the whole thing with your hands or a spoon
- Flour a surface and your hands. Roll the fishcakes with your hands and place on parchment paper.
- If you're making the breadcrumb mix, simply beat the eggs along with a little salt. Dip the fishcakes in the egg and then into the breadcrumbs, making sure each is coated all over.
- Put in the oven at 190 degrees C for 15 minutes. OR simply fry them on each side for 5 minutes until crisp on the outside.
- Serve with lemon wedges, herbs, salad and homemade mayonnaise.
Below, are some salmon fishcakes I made (I added a lot of coriander, spring onion and peas so they came out really green - but super tasty!)