I love burgers. Though, funnily enough, I’m not too keen on beef. It’s mainly the idea of bread, combined with salad, various toppings, condiments and chips that I love. Instead of beef, I like to use chicken. I’m also hoping to try out other meats and vegetarian versions in the future.
- Chicken breast (one per person)
- Garlic and chili
- Lemon juice, parsley, oil, vinegar, dried herbs, salt and pepper
- Salad ingredients
- Flatten the chicken by covering it in foil and bashing it with a rolling pin to tenderise
- Marinate the chicken in lemon juice, herbs and seasoning
- Fry the chicken in olive oil, garlic and chili for roughly 15 minutes, adding any left over marinade during cooking.
- Toast the buns
- Spread a sauce or dip on the bun
- Add the chicken
- Top with a slice of cheese
- Add a slice of tomato, shredded cabbage, lettuce - whatever you fancy