- Carrots, grated (140g)
- Walnuts, crushed (50g) (or pecans if you prefer)
- Orange (1, zest and juice)
- Eggs (2)
- Flour (170g)
- Cinnamon (2 tsp) & a pinch of allspice
- Sunflower oil (140g) - replace with coconut oil + a little oat milk
- Sugar (140g) - leave out
For the icing
- Squeeze of orange juice
- Cinnamon (couple of pinches)
- Beat the eggs, coconut oil and orange juice together
- Combine the remaining cake ingredients. Add the egg mix and stir well.
- Cook at 160 C (fan) for 1 hour. Check after 50 minutes, and if the cake is becoming too dark on top cover with foil for the remaining time.
- Leave to cool then top with the ricotta