Learn how to make a great-tasting Caesar salad without using the unhealthy supermarket-bought dressing.
- Chicken breast
- Seasoning for the chicken: olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, lemon juice, any herbs (thyme works well)
- The dressing: garlic, mustard (1 tsp), Worcestershire sauce (half a tsp), olive oil, vinegar, yogurt (4 tbsp), mayonaise (3 tbsp), chili flakes.
- Lettuce (romaine or cos) and rocket
- Season the chicken
- Put some foil over the top of the chicken and bash it with a rolling pin to tenderise the meat and embed the seasoning.
- This also means the chicken will become thinner and so cook much faster.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing and mix well
3. Cook the chicken
- Fry the chicken for 15 minutes
- Half-way through cooking cut the breasts up into smaller pieces
- Cut the bread into cubes
- Drizzle olive oil and grate some parmesan over them
- Put them under the grill for 10 minutes
5. Assemble the salad
- Place the lettuce in a large dish
- Add the chicken
- Add the croutons
- Coat with the dressing
- Grate some more parmesan