Here are the bean burgers. Scroll down for a vegan sweet potato and bean burger recipe
Canned black beans (15oz)
Flour (2/3 cups)
Salt & pepper
Parsley, coriander or thyme
Chili powder and/or tumeric
1 egg (optional) – see second recipe link
Sundried tomato paste (2 tbsp) (optional)
Can also add other veg, like onion, carrot, courgette.
Sauces to compliment – aioli, ketchup, etc.
Serve with salad and/or chips
Inspiration: Jenna and Julien’s kitchen! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGTNL5VDDUg&list=UU1KsxDW7hhfeq5QQmFtInIw
Here’s another good recipe (which uses an egg) – http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2535/beany-burgers-with-basil-tzatziki
1. Process the beans (I used cannelleni, as couldn’t find black!) and the onions in a blender until halfway mashed, or mash with a fork.
2. Add the egg, salt & pepper, garlic powder, parsley/thyme, and chili powder and mash to combine.3. Add flour, a bit at a time, again mashing together to combine. You should may need a little bit more or less than 2/3 cup. Beans should stick completely together.
3. Form into small patties and coast the outside with a bit more flour. Fry in a bit of oil for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Patties will appear to be done on the outside while still a bit mushy on the inside, so fry them a few minutes longer than you think they need.
Here is the recipe link (a video) for sweet potato bean burgers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUyyh1cr4Fg
They taste so good and are packed full of healthy ingredients, so dig in.
Sweet potato (2)
Can of mixed beans
1. Bake the sweet potatoes at 200 (fan) for 40 minutes. Prick them with a fork before putting them in
2. When cooked and cooled, get rid of the skin then put them in the blender
3. Add the beans
4. Chop and add the spring onions
5. Add the seasoning: cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, garlic, salt and pepper, juice of half a lime and some zest as well
6. Add 1 tbsp flour
8. Flour a large plate and then form patties with your hands. They’ll be quite sticky so be sure to use plenty of flour
9. Fry in oil for 5 minutes on each side
10. Serve in a bap with salad, coleslaw, salsa or ketchup. Yum!